Optimizing blood for life – solutions for improved quality of life and better health economy!
Glycorex’s unique molecular level technology that specifically selects and removes antibodies in the blood has opened revolutionary treatments and solutions in healthcare.
Glycorex Transplantation AB provides products that enables transplantations across the blood group barrier and thereby help saving lives. The first transplantation using Glycosorb® ABO was performed in September 2001 at the Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm, Sweden. Since then, more than 5,000 transplants have been performed in 28 countries at more than 200 transplant centers. More than 60 scientific papers in reputable medical journals show excellent short- and long-term results fully comparable to blood group compatible transplants. Glycorex technology not only saves lives and improves patients’ quality of life, it also has very positive health economic effects. Each kidney transplant saves about 150 dialysis treatments per year, which means that the more than 5,000 kidney transplants performed after Glycosorb® ABO treatments, can be estimated to save over 700,000 dialysis treatments per year.
Glycorex is entering an expansive phase with the development of new products based on the company’s unique technology platform. The company has recently launched a new product version designed to produce universal blood plasma that can be given regardless of the recipient’s blood group, which means major improvements in the logistics, safety, and availability for blood donor centres. Read more about Glycorex!
We are looking for a Product Development Specialist with strong communication, leadership, technical and operational skills to join our dynamic and fast paced team in Lund. In this role you will be a part of the R&D team and report to our Head of Development.
You will follow SOPs and work in compliance with safety, regulatory and quality guidelines. You develop products, lead process and upscaling from pilot to manufacturing level.
Responsibilities will include process testing of products and manufacturing protocols.
Furthermore, you will:
- Address and report problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures
- Communicate the results effectively by written and oral reports, including electronic laboratory notebooks
- Interact effectively in a cross functional setting
- Critically review processes and provide input
- Proactively identify areas for opportunity and drive efficiency results
- Be proficient in manufacturing processes
- Can organize and prioritize work to ensure on-time delivery
- Meet minimum productivity standards
- Use highly specialized equipment and instrumentation in daily manufacturing
Experience and education
- A relevant post-gymnasial education, BSc/MSc in molecular biology, biotechnology or similar
- A Ph.D. degree and/or Post Doc training in protein/enzyme biochemistry
- >5 years’ laboratory experience
- Working knowledge of cloning, protein expression, extraction, and modification
- Working knowledge of fermentation techniques and instruments
- Working knowledge of aseptic techniques and analytical techniques for protein and biomolecule analysis including functionality and biological activity
- A good knowledge of GLP
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- A good knowledge in Excel and the Office suite
You are easygoing and enjoy working in a team and sharing responsibilities and tasks. You are well organised, structured with a good planning ability. You are good at writing and reporting in a well-structured and logical way. You possess an analytical mindset.
Also, we think that you are driven, engaged and self-motivated. Finally, you keep to schedules and follow procedures and policies with a positive mindset.
You will be based at our laboratory in Lund.
Glycorex Transplantation AB was founded in 1996 and is listed on NGM Equity Stockholm since 2001. Head office, production, development, and laboratory units are based at Ideon Gateway in Lund.
In this recruitment we work together with recruitment consultant Pernilla Agardh. For questions regarding the position or process please call +46 72-249 94 80, or email email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter and will review applications and make selection on an ongoing basis.